Diversity and Inclusion
Flatiron believes in equality of opportunity and works to encourage and support diversity. The importance of diversity is exemplified through our policies and training programs. Flatiron is an equal opportunity employer.
DBE Community Commitment
Flatiron is dedicated to utilizing Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) participation, including Minority Business Enterprises (MBE's) and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (WBE's), on its projects. Flatiron supports the DBE community by:
- Identifying, targeting and soliciting potential DBE firms
- Assisting interested DBE's in obtaining bonding, insurance and lines of credit
- Providing interested DBE's technical assistance or information related to plans, specifications and requirements for work to be subcontracted or supplied by these DBE's
- Aiding interested DBE's in obtaining necessary equipment, supplies, materials to satisfy the work requirements
- Sub-dividing bid items into economically feasible work units to allow DBE's every advantage with quoting the project
- Participating in project outreach meetings and partnering with DBE business assistance offices to inform DBE's of subcontracting opportunities and actively soliciting DBE participation
- Establishing relationships with M/WBE groups, organizations and associations at the local, state and federal level and utilizing these relationships to actively seek DBE involvement.
DBE subcontractors and suppliers are strongly encouraged to participate. Flatiron is committed to promoting growth and maintaining relationships with our DBE community and strives to provide maximum opportunities for DBE involvement.
For example, in early 2012 in Canada, Flatiron worked with three British Columbia First Nations Communities on a joint venture agreement to participate in the construction of the BC Hydro ILM project.