This policy is effective as of July 19th, 2021.
Privacy Notice Changes
The effective date of this Policy is indicated at the top of this page. We may modify this Policy from time to time, and will post changes here. Your continued use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.
Since 1947, Flatiron has been a leading construction service provider for critical large-scale infrastructure projects. We are a subsidiary of German-based HOCHTIEF. The nature of our business is such that we offer our services exclusively to other businesses (a “business-to-business” or “B2B” model). Our website and Services are intended for a commercial audience.
What We Collect
Flatiron may collect Personal Information in the course of our normal business activities, as detailed below. Flatiron collects, uses, stores and processes Personal Information, which is data that identifies, relates to, describes, or can reasonably be associated with a particular person. This can include:
- Identifying information including name, postal or e-mail address, and phone or fax number, social security numbers, social insurance numbers, driver’s license and government identification numbers.
- Financial information such as bank account, credit or debit card information, and/or information that may be contained in a consumer report.
- Business contact information including as job title, department and name of organization, business address, e-mail address, mobile telephone number.
- Usernames and passwords used to access Flatiron network resources such as our Flatiron login webpage.
- Website visitor activity including IP address, the identity of the Internet service provider, the name and version of the operating system, the name and version of the browser, the date and time of the visit, the pages visited. This data may be aggregated such that the individual identities have been removed.
- Biometric information: Physiological, behavioral, biological characteristics, activity patterns, fingerprints, face scans eye scans.
- Geolocation information: Physical location, movements, and mobile device unique identifier.
- Financial information including as financial account information used for payment purposes and/or information that may be contained in a consumer report, bank account information.
- Contact information for referrals.
- Employment information: Employment history, employee number, performance appraisals, salary and benefits, healthcare and health insurance information, education information, emergency contact information.
- Protected class information: Age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, disability information, sex, genetic information, military or veteran status.
How We Collect Information
- When you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit.
- Directly from clients, contractors, sub-contractors, vendors, employees, and job applicants.
- From third parties including contractors, sub-contractors, and government agencies.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
Emails that we and our marketing service providers send may include similar tracking tools that provide us with information related to whether you’ve opened an email or clicked on a link contained in an email. More information on consenting to receive and how to unsubscribe from our marketing emails is found below.
Managing “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers have a Do Not Track (“DNT”) feature that lets your browser automatically send a signal to websites, ad networks, plug-in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity via cookies or other tracking technologies. Our website does not currently have the capability to respond to DNT signals.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information to conduct our business activities, including:
- Executing business activities, including completing our services.
- Conducting marketing and promotional activities, including responding to inquiries about Flatiron products or services, providing offers and information (as permitted by law) about products, services, or events offered by Flatiron.
- Improving the functionality, security, and usability of Flatiron’s website.
- Security, including monitoring log-in portals for access, validating identity, and preventing fraud.
- Fulfilling a legal or contractual obligation.
- Managing employee relationships, including the administration of benefits.
- Processing job applications, including background investigations.
- Validating identity for security to allow access to Flatiron premises and job sites.
- Complying with applicable laws or regulations.
Ordinarily we ask for consent to collect, use or disclose personal information, except in specific circumstances where collection, use or disclosure without consent is authorized or required by law. We may assume your consent in cases where you volunteer information for an obvious purpose. We ask for your express consent for some purposes and may not be able to provide certain services if you are unwilling to provide consent to the collection, use or disclosure of certain personal information.
You may withdraw consent to the use and disclosure of personal information at any time, unless the personal information is necessary for us to fulfil our reasonable business or legal obligations. We will respect your decision, but we may not be able to provide you with certain services if we do not have the necessary personal information.
How We Share the Information
Flatiron may share this information with:
- Other entities controlled by or under common control with Flatiron, including all affiliated entities using the Flatiron® mark
- Service providers
- Contractors or sub-contractors
- Federal, state, and local governments
For the purposes of:
- Fulfilling Flatiron’s commercial, contractual, legal, and regulatory obligations.
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders, or other lawful requests by public authorities, and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Investigating illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law or regulation.
- Centralizing Flatiron’s administrative, IT maintenance, and IT security practices.
- Providing information about Flatiron products, services, or events.
Any third-party that receives personal information from Flatiron may only process the information in accordance with applicable data processing agreements or contracts terms which require the third-party to protect the data and process it in a manner consistent with applicable privacy laws, regulations and Flatiron’s policies and practices.
For Canadian Residents: We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers located in the United States. Where Personal Information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of that foreign jurisdiction, and may be accessible to that jurisdiction’s governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies.
Flatiron’s services are not directed to persons under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with personal information without the parent’s consent, they should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete the information from our records.
Right to opt–in and opt-out of marketing email communications
You have the right to opt-in and opt-out from marketing communications. We provide an unsubscribe link in all marketing communications. If you opt-out of receiving marketing email communications, we may still send you email messages related to your account or specific transactions with us.
Californian Consumers’ Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 provides California consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. If you are a California resident, you have the rights under data protection law which are explain in the IT-P13 Supporting Info – CCPA Policy.
Visitors outside North America
For Canadian Residents
Requesting access to their own personal information must be received in writing to the Privacy officer. You must provide sufficient information to your request to allow us identify the information you are seeking. In addition, you may request a correction of an error or omission in your personal information.
We will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, unless an extension is granted. We will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation.
How to Contact Us
If you have any concerns or questions about anything in this Privacy Notice, please get in touch with us.
Flatiron Construction Corp.
385 Interlocken Crescent
Broomfield, CO 80021