Flatiron chooses subcontractors based on their local knowledge and availability, high-quality work, and ability to meet demanding schedules. The strong relationships we build with subcontractors and suppliers are critical to our success.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprises
Flatiron believes in quality of opportunity and works to encourage and support diversity. We are dedicated to utilizing Small and Disadvantaged Businesses, including Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE’s), Minority Business Enterprises (MBE’s) and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (WBE’s), Establishing Small Business (ESB’s), Small Business Enterprise (SBE’s) and Veteran Owned Business (VOB’s) on all projects. Flatiron is committed to promoting growth and maintaining relationships with our Small and Disadvantaged Business community and strives to provide maximum opportunities for involvement on every project.
Flatiron supports the DBE community by:
- Identifying, targeting and soliciting certified Small and Disadvantaged Business firms
- Partnering with local third-party vendors to inform Small and Disadvantaged Businesses of subcontracting opportunities and engaging the third-party vendors in assisting with the solicitation of Small and Disadvantaged Business participation on pursuits and projects
- Following and strictly enforcing all federal, state, and local regulations on all projects
- Providing interested Small and Disadvantaged Businesses with technical assistance or information related to plans, specifications and requirements for work to be subcontracted or supplied by certified firms
- Sub-dividing bid items into economically feasible work units to allow Small and Disadvantaged Businesses every advantage with quoting the project
- Hosting/participating in project-specific and state-sponsored Small and Disadvantaged Business outreach meetings and events
- Establishing relationships with M/WBE groups, organizations and associations at the local, state and federal level and utilizing these relationships to actively seek Small and Disadvantaged Business participation and involvement
- Providing/sponsoring training and educational opportunities to all interested certified Small and Disadvantaged Businesses and to firms interested in becoming certified as a Small and Disadvantaged Business entity